Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Special Dish For Iftar

It's the 15th day of Ramadan and yet we celebrate iftar everyday at home with my home cooks.  My family enjoy them and so do I (even though you're getting tired of cooking everyday..).  I just couldn't imagine having dinner outside and when you get home later, you still have to cook for 'sahur'.  And it cost more with 6 members in a family to spend...outside.  (But once in awhile you need the break...)

On the 13th day, I decided to cook something special for my family beside rice everyday.  It is a meal that I've learned to cook since I was single.... CHICKEN CHOP!...

That's right.  I've cook a Chicken Chop for 'berbuka puasa' (iftar).... and I enjoyed cooking them!

my special dish of the day... 

some of the ingredients I used in the making of chicken chop...
The Chicken
I bought 4 pieces of chicken breast at Pasar Tani.  With 4 pieces, I cut half each of them so you can get 8 pieces of chicken to be chop (or I'd rather pounded them with millstone into almost flat pieces).

the chicken marinated with oyster sauce, Lea & Perins sauce and a dash of lemon juice together for 3 hours or more...
Using a pan, I heated up an oil to deep fried the chicken.  For 8 pieces of chicken, I beat 2 eggs & used 2 packet of bread crumbs to envelope the chicken all over.  Dabbed the chicken with absorbent towel to clean the excessive marinated sauce.  Soak the chicken into the pool of beaten eggs and cover the chicken with bread crumbs... thoroughly..  Then fried the chicken.



nice golden brown chicken chop... 
For the side dish we had Coleslaw made of grated cabbage, grated carrot, mayonnaise & a dash of lemon juice.  We also had French Fries, blanched fresh Vege comprised of peas, tomato & salad (just wanted to have a healthy vegetables around the plate), and my special potato macaroni salad which loaded with mashed garlic, salt & chopped parsley. mmmmmmmm.....

The Sauce
the easiest of making them... just pour hot water, walla!! you get the sauce ready!!!


The Coleslaw
this is my beautiful, moisture coleslaw. best eaten when it is cold.
It is the easiest recipe I've ever know in making of coleslaw.  All you need is just combined all the grated vegetables (carrot & cabbage) and slices of red onion (bawang merah) together with mayonaise (in this case I used Lady's Choice).  I also purposely add some squeeze of lemon juice as I looooovvveee lemon's taste in my coleslaw..:))

The Potato Pasta Salad
just about to boil my potato and macaroni (but I used elbow instead).
This is my signature dish which I created myself.  This is all because of my passion watching AFC (asian food channel) in astro that make me creatively make this side dish.  It is easy too.  All you need is to boil the potato and the macaroni until they are soft enough.  But for this recipe I prefer using elbow instead of macaroni.  It is bigger, textured and it can absorb & grasp the taste better.

After they are boiled, cut the potato into smaller size.  It is better in bite size.  In a bowl, combined together the two ingredients and the mashed garlic with salt and a little bit of olive oil.  Add color to the dish by adding sliced parsley or for tasty, sliced chives.

my tasty potato pasta salad..
The Fresh Vegetables
my fresh raw vegetables...
My fresh vegetables are simple.  Diced tomatoes, salad leaves and boiled peas.  The peas of course you must boil them together with salt or for better taste (but less healthy) add butter.

So, wallaaaa!!! there goes my complete Chicken Chop!  I just forgot to mention to fry your favorite choice of fries to complete them.

on the table...

the happy faces after only eaten rice for iftar.  This is for change...

No comments:

Post a Comment